What Is Watershed Moments Coaching?
Watershed Moments, exists to provide family members with coaching support as they plan for and experience many of life’s transitional moments.
As you know, all too often, joyous events and major milestones are diminished, glossed over, or even ruined by unresolved family issues and differing views of “how it should be.” The issues come in many shapes and sizes; they may catch you off guard, trigger unexpected reactions, and/or create new misunderstandings. They may revolve around:
- How to spend money
- Connecting with new in-laws
- Trying to plan with an ex-spouse
- Different family of origin traditions
- Reluctant or resistant family members
- Colliding faith traditions.
All of these scenarios are a natural part of life – AND – they can be difficult to navigate and /or celebrate. Everyone loses when the event is marred by conflict or when the planning has been so unpleasant the energy to celebrate is lost.
No one ever sets out with the intention to ruin these precious moments, and yet it happens.
Our belief is that your family will benefit greatly from the opportunity to step back and reflect on what will most serve you as you plan for and experience a watershed moment.
Watershed Moments Coaching…
- Creates a safe environment for voicing hopes and fears
- Builds on your family system’s strengths
- Identifies areas of alignment as the foundation for tackling dilemmas
- Clarifies roles and expectations
- Transforms blame into respect and responsibility
- Structures opportunities for each partner to be heard and have their needs met
Our work with your family will allow each of you to:
- Clearly articulate your wishes for the upcoming event
- Candidly explore best-case scenarios and ways to reach them
- Safely explore your worst-case scenarios and ways to avoid them
- Meaningfully create a joyous watershed moment.